- 2 minute video of a student talking about what they’re going to do after high school, with cutaways that illustrate/comment on what they talk about.
- No audio of “interviewer” – the audio should seem like the subject just happens to be talking about Mt. Ararat and their future.
- Rule of thirds for framing.
- At least two video-only cutaways (b-roll), during which the interview audio continues under the cutaway.
- At least one video + audio cutaway, during which the audio of the interview is not heard.
- At least one cutaway uses a cross-dissolve (dream? wishful thinking?).
- Most of the video has the camera in motion – dolly/slider/steadicam. No jumpy/handheld shots.
- Try a slow push in, in camera or in post.
- Mix up framing of the interviewee in post – shoot wide enough (medium?) to allow this.
- No soundtrack music.
- Title/black and then fade-to-black intro where we hear the person talking before we see them (“J-cut”).
- Black at end.
- 4.3 Trimming and slip editing
- 4.5 Splitting, inserting, and connecting clips
- 5.4 Using transitions
- 5.8 Adding cutaways, side-by-side video, and PIP
- 6.1 Adjusting audio levels and position